Saturday, July 16, 2011

Fresh-Squeezed Totebag Sew-Along

In this weeks newsletter from one of my favorite shops, Quiltin' Country in Killeen, they linked to some sew or quilt-alongs, just in case we needed something to do this week.  I decided to try the Fresh Squeezed Totebag Sew-Along.  I had everything needed, except the webbing for the handles and with camp coming up, a new bag would be pretty handy.  Plus, it was a one week sew-along, so I could do it quickly...in fact, I made it today!  Here is the result...


I have a ton of Dilly Dally by Me and My Sister that I bought for the hand applique class that I took (and did not finish) and it makes fantastic, colorful bags.  I also altered the pattern some so that I could have more pockets.  Here is a close-up of the fabric...


My bag was made entire of fat quarters (6 in all), making the inside pretty scrappy, but fun and colorful.  Inside, I made pockets all the way around the bag, six in all.


I can't wait to use my new bag!!

No comments:

Post a Comment